ZigZag Summer Session 2019
We’ve added a ZigZag Summer Session for June and July this year! Try out our self-directed model that liberates kids to know themselves and their passions. We have created a rich environment to inspire them, and a culture of compassion and power-with that allows them to safely express their unique selves.
Our days will be a mix of spending time at our campus in East Asheville, and out exploring nature and having adventures. We have a 15-passenger van that we will take out on trips – some planned, and some spontaneous based on kids’ and our interests. Some of our planned trips include: National and state parks, Arboretum, splash park, science and children Museums, roller skating rink, and a local farm.
And here are some of what facilitators will offer on campus. Our model equally values kids’ offerings, which they bring to morning circle every day. We’re a full time school the rest of the year, so the setup and facilitators are already in place!
- Mystery Science
- Lego challenges
- Board games
- Art projects
- Yoga swing
- Loose parts play
- Stop Motion Animation
- Fort building
- Music making
- We are mixed age, 3 to 12 years old.
- We meet 9am to 3pm Monday through Friday.
- We start on June 3rd, and end July 31st.
- Full-time (5 days a week) tuition is $210/week, or $780/month. [plus admission fees]
- We also offer part time enrollments from 1 to 4 days a week.
- We offer Equity-based financial support. Please let us know if you’re a member of a disenfranchised group, and how much you’re able to pay.
- We also have a few opportunities for parents who want to exchange teaching for drop-off hours.